Our objectives are to act as a resource for people in our area, particularly those with autistic spectrum disorders and associated communication and interactive difficulties or other forms of disadvantage, by organising programmes or physical, educational and other activities and providing advice, guidance and practical support by means of:
- helping our young people advance in life by developing their skills and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals.
- working with younger children to encourage them to engage with our activities with the view to them becoming volunteers with us as they increase in age
- working with parents to assess needs not met and find solutions by developing programmes of activity
- promoting health and well being through structured workshops
- equality of opportunity and relief from disadvantage by making our services and activities available to all
- advancing education and training
- providing recreational and leisure time activities in the interest of social welfare
It’s important for families to be able to involve the entire unit. Sometimes a little help and encouragement from outside the family unit is all that is required. We’re here to give a helping hand and get you on the road to having enjoyable, organised and fun filled family outings.
We provide flexible and supported training and work experience opportunities for people who are normally disadvantaged in the open market.
We offer opportunities for social interaction and involvement in the wider society through these work experiences and through volunteering with us.
Check out our facebook page on all the programmes, events and leisure time activities we have been doing this year and like our page to keep up to date with what we have on.
- Email us:
- Give Jennifer a call on 028 417 39923 or email [email protected] for advice and help on how you can get things started.